Lobster Boat Tours
Come join us aboard the classic Down East Lobster boat Ruby Lane for an unforgettable excursion on the scenic Sheepscot River while we guide you through the daily routine of a Maine lobsterman. Participate in the excitement of hauling up the traps or sit back and relax as we cruise along the picturesque Maine coast. Each of our lobster tours lasts about an hour and ½ and passenger numbers are limited to six to ensure that everyone gets an up close and personal Maine lobster experience. You’ll see how Maine’s world famous culinary delights are hauled from the sea. Learn the difference between a hardshell and a shedder, shorts, culls and keepers.
Tours depart daily from Sheepscot Harbor Village & Resort Dock at 10:45am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm & 5pm. Up to six people per tour, $37 adults $17 children 14 and under (4 and under free) Reservations required.
Dockage & Mooring’s on-site
Dock your boat right here on Davis Island or take a mooring. Dockage and moorings includes use of showers and pool. Dockage $2 per ft. per night (limited to vessels drawing 3′ or less)
Moorings $30 per night, weekly rates available.
Just a short drive from Sheepscot, you will find one of the most visited coastal communities in the State of Maine, Boothbay Habor. In addition to the beautiful downtown shops and restaurants, you will find several Whale Watching opportunities for the entire family.
Reid State Park
Big waves on one side, small lagoon for the little kids on the other, this is a perfect way to spend time in the sun. Complete with a snack bar, full shower and bathroom facilities, you’re sure to have a blast visiting this scenic state park.
Popham Beach State Park
Miles and miles of sand, this State Park is one of the most popular beaches in the state, so be sure to get there early! In addition to breathtaking scenery, you’ll find Fort Popham at the very end of the peninsula.
Pemaquid Beach Park
Pemaquid Beach has been a favorite for families for decades. Amenities include large changing rooms, complete with hot showers (there’s an outdoor shower, too), snack bar serving hot dogs, hamburgers — even salads. You’ll find a rental shop stocked with beach chairs, umbrellas and toys and a small convenience store with sunscreen, cameras, batteries and other sundries.
The historic Pemaquid Lighthouse, is located in neighboring Bristol, Maine. This well-known state landmark is a must see for anyone visiting Maine!
Watch boats motor by, catch a glimpse of playful harbor seals, or see nearby nesting osprey take flight as you enjoy a picnic on the waterfront at Fort Edgecomb State Historic Site. Located on Davis Island in the Sheepscott River, Fort Edgecomb traces its origins to the early 19th century. Interpretive panels unfold the events surrounding the Fort’s history when hostilities in Europe dictated construction of forts to protect local residents.
The centerpiece of the fort is the Blockhouse that was completed in 1809 and represents the nation’s best-preserved blockhouse of this period. It sits on the highest point overlooking the Sheepscott River, and visitors are welcome to discover the views from the horizontal musket ports.
A trip to Maine wouldn’t be complete without a day of golf. Visit our local clubs offering 9 and 18 hole courses:
- Bath Golf Club
- Boothbay Country Club
- Sebasco Golf Course
Shopping, Sightseeing & Museums
Our local area provides a wide selection of locally owned shops, art galleries and scenic downtown streets. For brand name shopping at outlet prices, including world-famous LL Bean, be sure to visit Freeport!
- Wiscasset Village -Located just 3 miles south of Wiscasset Village on the corner of Route One and Old Bath Road in Wiscasset, Maine Heritage Village offers something for everyone! Step back in time at the Village and understand why here in Maine we say, “the way life should be”. There is so much to enjoy, do, see and eat! Explore Judi’s Country Store for the yummiest baked goods, old fashioned candies, gifts and more. The wonderfully unique Lighthouse Diner that offers some of the best seafood and downeast dining around. The historical exhibit area feeds the mind as well as the soul and offers a visitor center with free computer use. Our very own Maine Village Builders, who not only created this place but have built custom homes and villages across the USA, are located on the premises as well. This is a village for all to enjoy, young and old, by yourself or with family and friends. Situated on two acres, there is plenty of room to spend an hour or a day enjoying this one of a kind experience!
- Downtown Bath -Big enough to be a commercial and cultural hub and compact enough to be intimate and walkable, Bath is vibrant and friendly; a Maine visitor’s paradise. Maine’s Cool Little City is a destination for many! See why this downtown is winning awards from across the nation! See a video about Downtown Bath Maine
- Boothbay Harbor -A visit to this region can be whatever you want it to be: a peaceful time to refresh your soul, an active time boating, fishing, hiking, playing golf and tennis or a family adventure. See why the Boothbay Harbor Region is the soul of the Maine coast. Explore quiet coves, rocky shores, meandering country roads and beautiful lighthouses. The restaurants are plentiful and varied and the food is delicious.
- Outlet Shopping Freeport -Freeport Maine is a beautiful coastal village with upscale shopping and great restaurants. Home to World Famous LL Bean!
- Owls Head Museum -The Owls Head Transportation Museum has one of the finest collections of pioneer-era aircraft and automobiles in the world. More than 100 historic aircraft, automobiles, bicycles, carriages and engines are on permanent display. The Aircraft Collection contains replicas and originals representing the first century of flight, from Cayley’s unmanned glider (1804) to the legendary Curtiss Jenny of the barnstorming era. An outstanding collection of automobiles spans the late 19th Century and early 20th century, from our recently refurbished 1908 Stanley K Semi-Racer to a 1935 Stout Scarab (called the world’s first mini-van, one of only six ever made).There are over 150 items in our collection.