Summer is the perfect time for a family getaway, and Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort is the family-friendly resort for your Midcoast Maine vacation. When you spend time at our Edgecomb resort, you’ll have time to reconnect as a family and create memories that’ll last a lifetime. Book your stay at one of our 60 independently owned suites, cottages, and rooms, and let the fun begin.
- After checking in and unpacking in your charming vacation rental, spend the day exploring our resort. Walk along the pier to take in the stunning views of Sheepscot River, or simply enjoy a stroll around the grounds.
- Enjoy dinner and drinks at our on-site restaurant, Water’s Edge Restaurant & Bar. Before tucking in for the night, stop by our gift shop to stock up on snacks and drinks for your stay.
Take in the beauty of Midcoast Maine by spending the day exploring nature preserves and trails.
- Start your morning off with breakfast at the Woodsong Market & Cafe.
- After fueling up for the day, explore 30 miles of trails along the Boothbay Region Land Trust. This free activity allows you to get up close and personal with the nature that surrounds you.
- Make it a full day outdoors by exploring the Zak Preserve on your drive back.
- Be sure to stop at Red’s Eats in downtown Wiscasset for lunch.
Spend a day exploring the history of Midcoast Maine.
- Visit the Maine Maritime Museum in historic downtown Bath, a historic shipyard town just about 15 minutes from Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort.
- Learn about our favorite Maine delicacy – lobsters, which the area is known for, on a windjammer sail with Morning in Maine.
- See pioneer-era aircraft and automobiles at Owl’s Head Transportation Museum.
- After a day of learning all about the area’s history, cook dinner as a family back at your cottage or stroll over to Water’s Edge Restaurant and Bar to wind down for the evening.
A Maine vacation wouldn’t be complete without a day out on the water, near the water, or exploring the creatures that live in the water.
- Start your day off by going for a swim at Popham Beach. When you need a break, comb the beach for shells and beach treasures.
- Go on a puffin watch expedition by booking a cruise with Hardy Boat Cruises. This cruise service offers other voyages as well including a lighthouse tour.
- Take the family fishing with Sweet Action Charters. Keep your eyes open for seals and otters who call these waters home.
Enjoy time as a family enjoying area attractions.
- Play a round of mini-golf at Dolphin Mini Golf.
- Explore ornamental gardens and stunning flora as you stroll through the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay.
- Enjoy a live performance when you visit Carousel Theater or the Boothbay Opera House. Be sure to check their website for availability and show times.
Enjoy a Family Getaway at Our Edgecomb Resort
When you book your Midcoast Maine getaway at Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort, you will have a cozy place for your family to call home during your stay. Rent one of our cottages or relax in one of our Lodge suite rooms. Enjoy locally sourced seafood and fresh ingredients at our on-site restaurant and bar, Water’s Edge, or roast s’mores around the fire pit on the Sheepscot River. To learn more about our Maine resort and availability, please call 866-587-7320.